Updated: September 26, 2019
- Types of Information. We collect both Personal Information and Anonymous Information, each as defined below, in connection with your use of the Site and the content on the site. Information that is not Personal Information or Anonymous Information is governed by the TOS.
- Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information which may be used to identify or contact an individual, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, or email address. You may be asked to provide this information when registering for an account on the Site or when communicating with us in connection with the Site or content on the Site.
- Anonymous Information.“Anonymous Information” is information we collect in connection with your use of the Site, and the content on the Site, that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and which, on its own, does not individually identify you.
- How We Collect and Use Information.
- Information Collected Automatically When Visiting the Site. We use “cookies” to collect Anonymous Information about visitors to the Site. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to identify that you’ve logged in to the Site and to tell us how and when you interact with our Site. We may use, transfer, and disclose this Anonymous Information for any purpose such as improving the experience for visitors to our Site, customizing the Site for individual visitors, and marketing. Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change your browser options to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages within the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). This information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and improve the Site.
- Anonymous Information Generally. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that would otherwise make such data personally identifiable to you. We may use Anonymous Information at our discretion and for any purpose.
- Case Studies and Blog Posts. In certain circumstances we provide case studies and blog posts which contain information we have learned through unique experiences. In circumstances where we would like to use Personal Information, such as a name which may identify you, we will not do so unless we have your permission.
- How We Share Your Information.
- Our Service Providers. We employ third-party companies and individuals to administer and provide services on our behalf (including, but not limited to, a cloud service provider) who may need your information to provide services for us. These third-party service providers are restricted from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide the services requested by Beezwax.
- Your Choices About Your Information. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Site or communicate with us, you may update, delete, or request deletion by contacting us at . Please note that even if you have asked us to delete your Personal Information, we may be required to keep certain information and not delete it. Beezwax will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our back-up drives.
- Protection of Personal Information. Your privacy is important to Beezwax. We take reasonable administrative and technical precautions to protect Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Beezwax cannot completely eliminate the risks associated with handling information over the internet. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THIRD PARTY CIRCUMVENTION OF ANY PRIVACY SETTING OR ANY OF OUR SECURITY MEASURES.
- Children. Beezwax does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we verify that a person under 13 has submitted Personal Information to Beezwax, we will proceed to delete this information as soon as possible.
- Mailing List. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out via the "Unsubscribe" option, or by contacting us by phone (510) 835-4483 or .
- How We Respond to Do Not Track. We do not collect Personal Information about visitor’s browsing activities across third-party websites or online services. Therefore, this Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
- Data Protection for Users in Europe. For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Beezwax is the controller of your personal data. The GDPR defines personal data as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing Your Data. If you provide us personal data to determine the suitability of products or services referenced on the Site or to register an account we will lawfully process your personal data to perform a contract with you or take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. We internally process your personal data for our legitimate business interests, like improving Beezwax products and services, in a manner that does not outweigh your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we will use your personal data for direct marketing, in which case you have the right to object to direct marketing.
- Categories of Recipients of Your Personal Data. We employ third-party service providers to administer and provide services on our behalf (including, but not limited to, a cloud service provider) who may need your personal data to provide services for us. These third-party service providers are restricted from using your personal data for any purpose other than to provide the services requested by Beezwax.
- Data Subject Rights. The GDPR provides certain rights for individuals. You may request information about: the purpose of processing; the categories of personal data concerned; third parties that may have received your personal data from Beezwax; the source of your personal data (if you didn’t provide it directly to Beezwax); and how long your personal data will be stored. You have a right to correct your personal data record maintained by Beezwax if it is inaccurate. Subject to certain exceptions, you may request that the Beezwax erase your personal data or cease processing your personal data. You have the right to receive, or transmit to another controller, personal data concerning you that you have submitted to Beezwax. Beezwax will provide reasonable access to your personal data at no cost upon request and if access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, Beezwax will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, Beezwax will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied. In many countries, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how Beezwax processes your personal data.
- Transferring Personal Data from the EU to the US. The information Beezwax collects from you is processed in the United States. The United States has not sought, nor received, a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. Beezwax relies on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, Beezwax collects and transfers to the U.S. personal data only: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Beezwax when your rights and freedoms are not overriding.
- Data Storage and Retention. Your personal data is stored by Beezwax on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services the Beezwax engages, located in the United States. Beezwax retains data for the duration of your business relationship with Beezwax and for a period of time thereafter to allow you to recover account information and to satisfy legal requirements. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at .
Beezwax Datatools, Inc., 200 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, 7th Floor, Oakland CA 94612
© 2019, Beezwax Datatools, Inc. All Rights Reserved.