Anywhere (US only, open to work Pacific Time (PT) for urgent matters)
We’re looking to add a Data Engineer with strong communication and client skills to our team. You should be actively engaged and passionate about the technologies you are using, quick to learn, and excited to collaborate. The right person for this role is inspired by a work environment in which requirements and technologies vary from project to project, driven by a balance of the client’s needs and our expertise and experience.
- 4-6 years of hands-on data modeling and data engineering experience.
- Strong expertise in dimensional modeling and data warehousing.
- Database design and development experience with relational or MPP databases such as Postgres/ Oracle/ Teradata/ Vertica.
- Experience in design and development of custom ETL pipelines using SQL and scripting languages (Python/ Shell/ Golang).
- Proficiency in advanced SQL and performance tuning.
- Hands on experience with Big-Data platforms like Spark, Dremio, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive etc.
- Experience with Java, Scala and Python.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, Google Cloud.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with version control systems, CI/CD practices, testing, and migration tools for database and software.
- Experience with real time data processing using Apache Kafka or Spark Streaming is a big plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare package with vision and dental
- Vacation / PTO
- Retirement plan
- Support for your continued learning and professional development
- Hardware and software
- Headquarters in the center of Oakland, CA, close to BART
- Comfy office space in Cupertino, CA
Beez contribute in all the ways they want and can. Beezwax is committed to professional growth, and encourages Beez to develop new ways to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Looking forward to hearing from you!