Oakland, CA or Bay Area, CA
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn the dynamics of a mid-size software development / technical consulting firm through the role of Project Coordinator. The ideal applicant will be able to work in a client-facing role as a highly competent relationship manager, communicator, and problem solver, and be able to thrive in a creative, entrepreneurial company.
The person in this position will be directly supervised by two of our senior managers, who will provide ongoing guidance and mentorship regarding not only the day-to-day of project management, resource allocation, etc., but also how to anticipate problems before they arise, navigate complex situations, and craft an impasse into a win-win.
Beezwax has a wide variety of clients and projects, ranging from Fortune 100 enterprises to small businesses and nonprofits. This position will focus on a variety of clients and projects, from small to large. On large projects, the Project Coordinator will be acting in direct support of the Project Manager. On small projects, our lead developers are typically the main point of client contact, and are largely self-managing; in these cases, the Project Coordinator will lightly oversee the project on their own (with support and guidance available from senior management as needed). Overall, this position will involve a light overview of a large number of clients, and a deep dive into closely supporting a few large projects.
- Helping to get new projects rolling: sitting in on discussions with potential clients, and collaborating with project managers and developers on needs assessment, project scoping, estimating, timeline creation, and proposal creation
- Serving as bridge between developer and client, facilitating communication and anticipating possible problems before they occur
- Overseeing custom software development projects with a dynamic, growing team of software developers, both local and remote
- Acting as the contact point for all project participants
- Monitoring progress of the project and addressing potential issues
- Maintaining a light overview of numerous projects for different clients; being accountable to track budget and development progress
- Maintaining a daily hands-on engagement with a few large projects for different clients, offering support under the direction of the Project Manager, including tasks such as:
- Scheduling routine meetings and recording decisions (e.g., next steps, assigned tasks etc.)
- Breaking complex projects into simpler tasks and setting goals and timeframes
- Coordinating internal resources and 3rd parties/vendors for successful execution of projects
- Creating and updating project workflows
- Measuring and reporting on the project performance
- Coordinating quality controls for ensuring the deliverables meet client demands
- Retrieving necessary information such as related case studies and client/user requirements
- Preparing and providing documentation to key stakeholders and internal teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions with consideration of all ramifications
- Ability to manage numerous tasks with continually shifting priorities
- Experience with client relationship management
- Experience with technical projects with a rapid lifecycle (as manager, coordinator, and/or developer)
- Additional certification (e.g., PMP/PRINCE2) is a plus
- Prior experience as a Project Coordinator, Project Administrator or a similar role
- Experience with project management software
- Experience with technical documentation, flowcharts, and schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for details
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare package with vision and dental
- Vacation / PTO
- Retirement plan
- Support for your continued learning and professional development
- Hardware and software
- Headquarters in the center of Oakland, CA, close to BART
- Comfy office space in Cupertino, CA
Beez contribute in all the ways they want and can. Beezwax is committed to professional growth, and encourages Beez to develop new ways to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Looking forward to hearing from you!