Bay Area, CA
We are looking for someone with a strong Mac-related IT background, adept at managing the IT infrastructure for a central office, cloud services and user connectivity to them. Our team uses Macs for desktops and notebooks, with a mix of Windows Server, Linux/*nix and macOS in use for servers. Both helpdesk and server administration skills are key to this position.
- Skilled with macOS and Windows for both desktop and server administration
- Familiarity with Linux/*nix for server deployment and administration
- Solid knowledge of general IT including networking, sysadmin, mail, security, anti-malware, database, etc.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to work with clients and colleagues by phone and email in situations where clear communication is critical; strong English verbal and written skills are required.
- Proven reliability, including excellent task tracking, communication and documentation habits.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies and solve unfamiliar problems.
- Ability to work in our Downtown Oakland office, and at South Bay locations as needed.
- Ubuntu or CentOS server administration experience.
- VSphere administration experience.
- Familiarity with tools for investigating or monitoring problems on systems
- Linux system maintenance experience: ssh, monitoring processes, attaching storage, cleaning disk space, tailing logs, etc.
- Solid knowledge of general IT infrastructure including networking, security, directory, database, etc.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) experience (EC2, VPCs and more) a plus
- FileMaker Certification a plus
- FileMaker Server Administration (setup, configuration, and maintenance) a plus
- FileMaker Cloud experience a plus
You should be interested in working as part of a smaller firm, although experience consulting or working at a larger corporation is valuable since many of our customer teams are in larger organizations.
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare package with vision and dental
- Vacation / PTO
- Retirement plan
- Support for your continued learning and professional development
- Hardware and software
- Headquarters in the center of Oakland, CA, close to BART
- Comfy office space in Cupertino, CA
Beez contribute in all the ways they want and can. Beezwax is committed to professional growth, and encourages Beez to develop new ways to contribute.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Looking forward to hearing from you!